Thinking about applying for work in the Obama administration? Go to Change.gov, but make sure your halo is brightly polished. The questionnaire being sent to hopeful candidates is the most extensive ever used by a new administration in Washington. (See article in the New York Times)
“(3) Please provide the names of all corporations, firms, partnerships, trusts, or other business enterprises, and all non-profit organizations and other such institutions with which you are now, or during the past ten years, have been affiliated with as an advisor, attorney or consultant.
(8) Briefly describe the most controversial matters you have been involved with during the course of your career.
(13) Electronic communications: If you have ever sent an electronic communication, including but not limited to an email, text message or instant message, that could suggest a conflict of interest or be a possible source of embarrassment to you, your family, or the President-Elect if it were made public, please describe.
(14) Diaries: If you keep or have ever kept a diary that contains anything that could suggest a conflict of interest or be a possible source of embarrassment to you, your family, or the President-Elect if it were made public, please describe.
(18) Please specifically describe any affiliation you, your spouse or any member of your immediate family have, or have had, with any financial, banking, mortgage or insurance institution that is currently the subject of federal government intervention as part of the ongoing economic crisis. This question includes, but is not limited to, the following: Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, AIG, and Washington Mutual.
(50) With regard to each obligation of child support and/or alimony owed by you or your spouse, please state the following: Have any payments been made late or have there been any lapses in payment? Have any motions or court actions for modification of child support or alimony been filed or instituted? Have any actions or motions to compel payment or initiate collection of late payments and/or past due amounts been filed or threatened? Have any writs of garnishment been issued? If yes, please provide details.”
(61) Have you had any association with any person, group or business venture that could be used – even unfairly – to impugn or attack your character and qualifications for government service?
Oh, dear. Of course. I almost forgot how ugly the Republicans were to the Clintons. Then came Facebook and total personal transparency. So now those devils are sharpening their pitchforks. Oof. Only angels need apply.