I’ve got a fun job, writing an exercise a week for learners of English. We think up a topic related to the magazine and a grammar issue that should be addressed, or a set of vocabulary items and an approach to learning them, and then I’m off and running. It’s funny: The more bizarre the task, the more it gets my creative juices flowing. This week I have to write something to accompany the title story “Sex in America”, and it’s going to be in the “grammar” section. So: Sex and grammar?? Hmm… These are some quotes I’ve found quite amusing fishing around the Internet for inspiration:
- Remember, if you smoke after sex you’re doing it too fast. ~ Woody Allen
- When a man talks dirty to a woman, it’s sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it’s $3.95 a minute. ~ Author Unknown
- Men get laid, but women get screwed. ~ Quentin Crisp
- Tell him I’ve been too fucking busy – or vice versa. ~ Dorothy Parker
- I’d like to meet the man who invented sex and see what he’s working on now. ~ Author Unknown
Taken from Sex Quotes compiled by Aparna Chatterjee.