Read in: Deutsch (German)
You’re looking for a trainer or coach? I’d love to hear from you – by phone 0179/ 46 86 249 or email email@example.com.
Raised speaking German and English in Washington DC, I’ve been a trainer in business and academia since 1998. Now based in Berlin, I design communication skills workshops for people pursuing international careers, including professional customer care and staff management, and coach business and science groups as well as individuals to flourish in our globalized arena.
Current training and coaching projects include
- Fritz-Haber-Institut der Max Planck Gesellschaft and Max Planck Institute for Human Development (language training and softskills workshops for technical and office staff and scientists)
- AGYA Arab-German Young Academy (English for academic writing and science communication, editing for publication)
- Charité Institute of Tropical Medicine and International Health (Softskills seminars Presenting and Intercultural Communication)
- University of Potsdam Masters of Public Management (presentation skills for international students)
- Lee Hecht Harrison (career transition consulting)
- Akademie für Sekretariat und Büromanagment (inhouse business English seminars)
- Lufthansa Flight Training GmbH through my partner Consilia CCT (intercultural training for German and international flight attendants)
Over 20 years of experience as a business English trainer, with clients including Ludwig Maximilian Universität, ClimateDesign, the Department of Building Climatology at the Technische Universität, and dozens of international companies such as BMW, Morphosys and Archon Group, as well as consulting to publishers Cornelsen and Oxford University Press and writing language exercises for Spotlight Online, led up to writing Cornelsen Basis for Business Coursebook C1 with Carole Eilertson, edited by Janan Barksdale (BELMA Best European Learning Materials Award 2014, completely revised edition published 2020 (see this link for free materials).
My most extensive translation project so far: the bilingual EnergyXchange (Beuth Verlag) edited by Dr. Petra Liedl.
Following an M.A. in History and Political Science and work as a museum exhibitions coordinator in research and public programs, I completed certificates in communication skills training including LCCI CertTEB (Certificate in Teaching English for Business), DipTESOL from Trinity College London, and Intercultural Competence in English. I completed a two year course in Systemic Coaching and Business Mediation (cert SG 2020).
English Business Communication
phone 0179/ 46 86 249
My blog is a record of my professional journey here in Germany.
Links to external sites are carefully chosen. No responsibility is taken for changing content on external sites.
This site does not accept any form of advertising, sponsorship, or paid insertions.
The audio sample sea2wav in the podcast is licensed under Creative Commons Plus 1.0 licence, used courtesy of rockdoctor at the freesound project.
Scandio GmbH, München http://www.scandio.de