Found a blog activity on Dolcevita’s site Lesekreis originated by Marcel of Read it! called “Stöckchen”, which is basically a game of “go fetch“. This time the task is to list your 10 all-time favorite books.
Dolcevita had already listed Siri Huvstedt “What I Loved” und Tolkien “The Hobbit”, and Henny of Krimilady named David Peace – a fabulous mystery writer, can’t imagine what his dense language would be like in German – one day! So won’t list those… and here’s my very arbitrary list of favorites in English:
1. Milne: Winnie the Pooh
2. Lewis Caroll: Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
3. C.S. Lewis: The Lion, the Witch an the Wardrobe
4. Rudyard Kipling: The Just-So Stories
5. E. Annie Prouxl: The Shipping News
6. Carson McCullers: The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
7. Margaret Atwood: The Blind Assassin
8. Jeffrey Eugenides: Middlesex
9. Paul Auster: The Book of Illusions
10. Truman Capote: In Cold Blood
Once you start thinking about it, so many books (and sleepless nights) come to mind. Is there room for more “low culture”? I didn’t list (m)any “real” classics, either. If you want to play the game, go to the originator of the game, Marcel, where you can post your list.