I’ve got a fun job, writing an exercise a week for learners of English. We think up a topic related to the magazine and a grammar issue that should be addressed, or a set of vocabulary items and an approach to learning them, and then I’m off and running. It’s funny: The more bizarre the task, the more it gets my creative juices flowing. This week I have to write something to accompany the title story “Sex in America”, and it’s going to be in the “grammar” section. So: Sex and grammar?? Hmm… These are some quotes I’ve found quite amusing fishing around the Internet for inspiration:
- Remember, if you smoke after sex you’re doing it too fast. ~ Woody Allen
- When a man talks dirty to a woman, it’s sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it’s $3.95 a minute. ~ Author Unknown
- Men get laid, but women get screwed. ~ Quentin Crisp
- Tell him I’ve been too fucking busy – or vice versa. ~ Dorothy Parker
- I’d like to meet the man who invented sex and see what he’s working on now. ~ Author Unknown
Taken from Sex Quotes compiled by Aparna Chatterjee.
“God created sex. Priests created marriage.”
To find more, go to the site below and type ‘sex’ into the search window.
How true! Thanks, and I hope you get settled in well in your new place.