They’re similar, but different: * meeting * appointment * date
- Can you schedule a/an _________________ for the project team?
ɯɐǝʇ ɐ ɥʇıʍ ƃuıʇǝǝɯ ɐ ǝlnpǝɥɔs
- I want to make a/an ___________________ with Mr Hoss to discuss the CERT project.
ǝuoǝɯos ɥʇıʍ ʇuǝɯʇuıoddɐ uɐ ǝʞɐɯ
- Can we fix a/an ______________________ for the next meeting?
ʇuǝʌǝ ʎuɐ ɹoɟ ǝʇɐp ɐ xıɟ
- I think Hossy baby is in love. He’s going out on a hot ____________ tonight.
ǝʇɐp ɐ uo ʇno oƃ
Thanks a lot. I’ve just got a warmer for my tricky advanced group tomorrow! Thanks for the cue – I’ve checked out some more variations: Weird newscasters, Guess who they are? or perhaps, Questions only?
I’ll let you know what happened!
I’d like to be a student in your class, Anne.
🙂 I laughed my head off over these guys. Oh, to be an improv actor of their class!
make a date (romantic)
fix/ pencil in/ finalize a date for… (schedule anything)
arrange/schedule/cancel/postpone a meeting (e.g. with your English reading group)
make/arrange/schedule/cancel/postpone an appointment (with Mr. Yeats/ at the hairdresser’s)
I want to make a/an ____________ with Mr Hoss to discuss the CERT project.
* appointment (90%, 9 votes)
* date (10%, 1 votes)
* meeting (0%, 0 votes)